Cost Control Manager at Prezicon Limited
Cost Control Manager at Prezicon Limited
Prezicon Restricted is a Joint Endeavor established in 2016 between two currently notable organizations; DESICON Engineering (45 percent of the shares) and ALTRAD We are an effective multiservice provider that focuses on asset integrity management and maintenance by combining the capabilities, experience, and expertise of both organizations.
We are looking for skilled professionals to join us in the following positions:
Job Title: Cost Control Manager
- The cost control manager oversees the project costs. His tasks include developing, controlling, planning, and forecasting the project’s budget. He Is responsible for coordinating every aspect of the project from reviewing and approving contract terms to coordinating deadlines, approving budgets.
- As a Project Cost Controller, he should use cost estimation, project-based information, financial data, budgets and costs to accurately evaluate project costs and ensures that costs are maintained within budgetary limits.
- Should notice any deviation to the contract (scope, planning, coactivity, etc.) from client or other sub-contractors, inform officially client and claim for variation order as per contract.
- Report any deviation to site manager and operation manager.
- Ensure variation orders are timely issued by client.
- Ensure the organization’s internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained.
- Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters.
- Solve any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with the company itself.
- Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met.
- Create, prepare, review and edit all subcontracts.
- In charge of the invoicing progress as per contract requirement.
- Monitor the financial progress of a project, computes on site operating fixed and variable project costs and compares such costs to budgets for proactive cost control reporting to the Project management team and executive management.
- Ensure projects are completed according to project plans / schedule.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, local content rules, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- In charge of planning, cash curve, project control during project realization.
- Monitors work in progress and prepares weekly report of the status of each assignment.
- Provide full support as required by the Management.
- Must report any major deviation in contract to top management.
- Seek advice of Africa legal officer .
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required by management.
- Maintains environmental, health and safety policies and program in line with Altrad goals.
- Actively participate in HSE activities, including toolbox meetings and HSE meetings.
Proactively Identify hazards and assess risks related to operations activities.
Involved in the identification of environmental aspects and impact, including the consideration of environmental impact as regards operations.
Identify and notify HSE manager of any legal or other requirements, including update of applicable registers.
Ensure the establishment of QHSE objectives before January each year.
Complies with all health, safety environmental as well as legal requirements to which company subscribes.
Shall take part in communicating and notifying all site personnel on lessons learnt from incidents.
- Actively take part in QMS activities and processes
- Ensure Quality Objectives are set, tracked and monitored accordingly!
- Complies with company quality policy as well as regulatory and legal requirements to which company subscribes to
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified and established.
- Ensure Stakeholder’s Matrix are established.
- QMS conformance, risk-based thinking and customer focus promotion
Education and Training:
- B.Sc Degree in Law, Finance or Social Sciences with specialization in Contract Management or Cost Control related training.
- AACE certified cost professional or an equivalent certification.
- Technically strong in project estimation, cost planning, scheduling, reporting, and writing ability.
- Knowledgeable in the use of MS Project, Microsoft office, SAP.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience and similar capacity in project cost estimation and project cost control preferably in Offshore Construction / EPCIC Industry, painting, insulation, fabrication /construction or oil and gas industry
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word and PowerPoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of their job description
Analysis and Judgment:
- Breaks a problem down into its constituent parts, sees the “wood from the trees” and the relationships between issues.
- Aware of information sources and how to get information needed, seeks out relevant information for problem solving and decision making, consulting with others as necessary.
- Ability to draw sound inferences from the information available; makes use of logic and creates/contribute to imaginative solutions.
- Shows consideration, concerns and respect for other people’s feeling and options, a good listener and display empathy.
- Co-operate and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others.
- Communicates orally in a clear, fluent, concise and appropriate way, which holds people’s attention on both groups and in one-to-one situations, encouraging feedback as appropriate.
- Produces written communications (electronic or other methods) which are clear, fluent and concise, accessible and jargon free and ensures information is available to others in an appropriate and accessible format.
- Work under total confidentiality.
- Has sufficient knowledge of broader context in which own professional/technical function is applied to perform effective in own job area.
- Engages in continuous development activities, thus responding to constant changes caused by internal and external factors; meets the CPD standards of the relevant professional institutes.
Application Closing Date
27th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates should apply.